Saturday 18 May 2013

WHAT AILS ME ~ Unstop the Valve () /- ~~~~ REFLECTIONS ON JOB HUNTING AND THE HUNT FOR NATIONAL INDEPENDENCE




ET IN TERRA (Non-Nullius) PAX
Let our blood flow in not out~

*No to "haters"
*Freer atmosphere
*Speed and confidence
*Empathy for others
*Colours of the rainbow )
..


It is hard to admit, but I am looking for work like so many people at the moment. And yes, I have my folks on my back. That's a good thing - I realise they're concerned. But I'm also anxious about reentering the workplace because of one trait that I have noticed and remarked upon consistently in this country, for all its advantages. The "system" is always out to constrict our intellectual blood supply.

And I wonder: Are we constrained - strangulated even - by a system which does not work the way it should. For example, Gillard proposed an expedient (to my mind) Referendum with respect to local government which will likely fail along with every other referendum in Australia's history. This government's record is hardly sterling, and the Opposition is considerably worse ~ [What a contest!]

From School to University and beyond, it felt to me like I was continually constrained: Don't go faster, tow the line... Well, folks, the line is broken and I think we need a major fix-it job to unleash the best of this country's growing and dynamic population. And, for God's sake, let people in: They reflect the very best of our continent..

Egalitarianism is noble in prospect; reduction to an astringent mean - in tutoring, in managing, in leading - on the other hand is debilitating.

I think it is no wonder that the great nations of the earth, and culturally two of the greatest - the USA and France - were conceived in Revolution. I am not suggesting treason or violent upheaval, yet I am convinced that Australia is due for quite radical, PEACEFUL change..

But theory and vituperation aside, I think we can all free ourselves up a little in our national consciousness. And live more fully ~ in public and in private.

I would love to create and toil again, and serve as well as I can: Just, Please this time, let my blood flow ....

No comments:

Post a Comment