Sunday 18 November 2012

MUSS ES SEIN? ES MUSS SEIN... : LOVE THE GAME - To Brahms' Second with Corpus Medicorum under Carl Pini (and maybe with Schumann Piano and Cello Concerti)..

'Imogen Holst once told me something amazing. She asked if I knew the four songs that her father had written for voice and violin. I knew them and played them often. "I think they are my father's greatest work", she said. "There is nothing more personal in his music than those four little songs".. I once played these pieces with a singer who was perfect. When she sang, the fiddle trembled; it shook with sonority.. I find it fascinating that she picked those four songs. To me, they represent total immersion in music' - 'CHRISTOPHER MARTIN: "In the Middle of the Music" - Memoir & Memories'

No comments:

Post a Comment