Tuesday 30 April 2013

NEIL-ISM OR NIHILISM? +/- A POST-EXISTENTIAL RAVE

The last century bred existentialism, totalitarianism and corporatism. Nihilism pervaded. Emotion was futile, politics was all, divorce and breakdown were rife. From Stalin to Sartre, cycnicism thrived. And humanity was a lost project..

And I'm sick of "it". Sick of devaluing human aspiration and human interiority. Even my parents, God love 'em, tried far too hard to protect me: from failure, from emotional bondage, psychological turmoil in work, school and relationships. Over my short life, I've heard every species of caution and fear: 'This subject isn't for you'; 'You should study X'; 'You need this job'; 'That's the way of things'; 'You have to play the game'; 'Forget that girl. There are other fish in the sea'.

Well, F***& "IT"! We could have other plans.

So I want to take a stand, for others' sake as well as my own. My own sake doesn't seem to matter in isolation any longer. I urge you to follow your dreams. I encourage you to put it all on the line. Near enough is not good enough, was never any definition of 'Good'. I hope you fight for what and whom you believe in. Don't give in to solipsism, darkness, madness, escape.

Life, Love and Liberty. You and I can stand for them all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment