Wednesday 3 October 2012

INEINBILDUNG: THE BITTEN SANCTUM SANCTORUM

The Life of Apollonius of Tyana Greek writer Flavius Philostratus (c. 170–247) wrote: 'And inasmuch as the following conversation also has been recorded by Damis as having been held upon this occasion with regard to the mythological animals and fountains and men met with in India, I must not leave it out, for there is much to be gained by neither believing nor yet disbelieving everything. Accordingly Apollonius asked the question, whether there was there an animal called the man-eater (martichoras); and Iarchas replied: "And what have you heard about the make of this animal ? For it is probable that there is some account given of its shape." "There are," replied Apollonius, "tall stories current which I cannot believe; for they say that the creature has four feet, and that his head resembles that of a man, but that in size it is comparable to a lion; while the tail of this animal puts out hairs a cubit long and sharp as thorns, which it shoots like arrows at those who hunt it." Something has got me deep inside Running around nothing to hide I got a way to win this time I’m gonna put up a fight. Pre/ Get out the way, get off your back you can Get out the way I’m dying, hiding my hell Ch/ Feeling lost & lonely Gotta make it on my own Gotta find my way back to you Back to you. V2/ I wanna get you outta my life But I keep on falling every time It’s taken away but all my pride I tell you this is the time. Pre/ Get out the way, get off your back you can Get out the way I’m dying, hiding my hell Ch/ Feeling lost & lonely Gotta make it on my own Gotta find my way back to you Back to you. Bridge/ Your senses getting out now Repentance you don’t know how All fences you gotta break down You searching for a way that’s on your own You’re gotta make it alone

No comments:

Post a Comment